Tuesday, August 03, 2004

During the month of May I had conversations with Reverend David Gibbons and Sandra Haggan of St Faith’s Church, Havant. Over the years the Church has come to mean quite a lot to me. Quite apart from which, that is where I met Jeanne D’Arc. Towards the end of the one I had with Reverend Gibbons I found I was feeling quite emotional at times. I seemed to more that way recently but it was mostly the recollection of those marvelous experiences. After all, how often do you meet a discarnate Saint let alone, as happened a few weeks later, have her sitting next to you while your auras expand and blend together.

I was not sure if it was because I was becoming more connected with Real Reality, the non-physical, which I have noticed more and more in recent weeks, especially when we were on holiday at the end of may.

I had known for some time that the Church was in need of funds to restoration and, had circumstances be different; I would have been able to contribute fairly substantially to that.

The latter part of June brought the end of term at Chichester College, where I lecture on Engineering Materials for an “A” Level Course as well as contributing to the provision of additional support for students, especially in engineering and higher mathematics. Unfortunately, the month did not end in the best way with my Mother becoming critically ill and having to go into Stoke Mandeville Hospital. That necessitated Jo and I rushing to Chinnor, in Oxfordshire, she had been staying with my brother and sister-in-law in the early hours of a Tuesday morning and then on to the hospital, as well as visiting on weekends since then.

There were compensations, though minor in comparison, in that in among all of the emotion I had some pleasant, occasionally humorous experiences over the weeks. Those included a conversation with my (late) Father, Cathy (my Guardian Angel) assisting my Mother at one stage, a short spell in Stoke Mandeville Hospital Chapel with Lorelei and meeting the person in charge of the team looking after my mother on “the other side”, Upstairs. He was short and stocky with receding white hair and white mutton chop whiskers on the side of his face, white shirt, dark tie with a slight diagonal strip, dark waistcoat, trousers and shoes with an unbuttoned white coat over those. He had been a Doctor in his most recent lifetime and a priest in a life before that, though not immediately before as I understand it.

Lorelei had been visiting my Mother frequently over the weeks including going to Stoke Mandeville between us providing healing for a couple of people at the healers Group one week. Being discarnate does wonders for covering such distances very quickly, more or less instantaneously. On a recent Tuesday (20th July) she dropped into the car beside me while I was on my way to our regular Healers’ Group meeting at the Bear Hotel in Havant, to assure me that my Mother was not suffering, not in any distress. From my conversation with the Upstairs Doctor the following Saturday (24th July) that was also clearly the situation from his point of view as well.

There were some potentially interesting physical world developments on Friday 23rd July, when I attended a Portsmouth and South East Hampshire Chamber of Commerce and Industry Business Breakfast at the Lysses House Hotel in Fareham. The first person I spoke to, apart from Maureen Frost, the new Chief Executive of the Chamber, was Tracy Culross of The Holiday Inn, Portsmouth. I had first met Tracy at a previous Chamber Event, the Annual General Meeting, at the Kings Theatre in Southsea. We both remembered that meeting and I pointed out that, along with Lene Foot, one of my Healer colleagues, I would be involved in a presentation on coping with stress at The Holiday Inn Hotel later in the year.

The event began with a presentation by Simon Richards of Conference Hampshire, he being accompanied by Frances Stokes who used to be more involved with defence related business; both working for Hampshire County Council. The main purpose of the meeting was to say goodbye to Bob Gumbrill, the retiring Chief Executive of Portsmouth and South East Hampshire Chamber. Many people were sad to see him leaving as he had done an excellent job during his time in charge. I owed him a great deal as I would be effectively isolated in the region if it was not for Bob and the Chamber.

During his farewell address Bob mentioned Michael, sitting at his table. That turned out to be Michael Johnston, Chief Executive, Portsmouth Printing and Publishing Limited, publishers of The News (Portsmouth) among other things. After the main part of the event, I took the chance speak to him about my tourism related business interests and Lucille Pendry, the new President of Portsmouth and South East Hampshire Chamber of Commerce and Industry, also became involved for a while. The outcome was that Michael suggested I contact Daniel Bardsley, the Business Editor of “The News” he also mentioned the Havant Reporters Office, suggesting I might get in touch with them as well. In any event, he strongly recommended that I contact Daniel Bardsley. Because of other commitments that will take me a few days to get around to but, one way or another I will. After all, “The News” should support and encourage an influx of business to the region, especially when it is on the scale that this would be.

Lucille Pendry suggested I might write an article for the Journal by which she meant the Chamber Journal. I pointed out that I joined the Chamber under my engineering side and involvement in composite materials. Lucille said that, as a Member of the Chamber I could write for the Journal anyway. When I mentioned this to Maureen Frost, Chief Executive of Portsmouth and South East Hampshire Chamber of Commerce and Industry, just before I left, she seemed to be less sure, though that was mainly down to my interpretation of her resulting expression. The Chamber was doing its best to be helpful and friendly, as it usually was; how that turns out we will have to wait and see.

On Tuesday 27th July I had a meeting, in Winchester, with Mark Torokwa of the Economic Development Department of Hampshire County Council. We had spoken on the ‘phone three weeks or so previously and exchanged letters in the meantime.

Mark listened patiently as I told him about my engineering background and then the outline of my nonphysical side, particularly the story of Lorelei and I. he agreed on the commercial potential and advised me to write a business plan as Sussex Enterprise had advised me to do. The conversation helped my thinking in that I realised that what I needed to do was put the arguments I had gone over verbally and in e-mails and letters many time in a compact coherent form and call it a business plan, which, essentially, is what it would be.

Mark Torokwa, at the very least, agreed with Sussex Enterprise positive assessment and said he was sure I would get past the present situation or words to that effect. (In fact I had avoided going into any detail about the negative things that had happened, preferring to go around them or bypass them as far as possible.) He seemed certain that when our story got out there were people who would really “run with it”; no doubt that it was very commercial and very likely to be of considerable interest.

In any event the meeting with Mark Torokwa was very encouraging. As far as the business plan was concerned he said I could get free help from South east Hampshire Enterprise Agency (SEHEA). Several months previously, John Stainer of SEHEA had indicated that they could help. There was just the problem of Business Link Wessex, though John thought I was taking the correct course by writing to Martin Wynn Griffiths, the Chief Executive of the Small Business Service (SBS) for help. So, I would have to write to Glen Atherfold, of SBS Guildford, with a copy to Eddie Tuttle, the Regional Director, asking if they could help, encourage, SEHEA to assist me.

In the interim Jo and I had a break by way of our first visit to the Hampton Court Flower Show. Unfortunately it rained but was certainly worthwhile going. The show was two big to get around fully in one day and we would certainly go back another year, hopefully next year. We understood it was set up on a rather large area, in the grounds of Hampton Court Palace, than the Chelsea Flower Show, so, although there were plenty of people there it was not so crowded as to be oppressive.

I also had some interesting business related conversations with people on Hayling Island, which is suffering from a drop in tourism and I could contribute a great deal to reversing that, if I was allowed to do so. I will post more details of that on my journaling Web Site, which I hope to have set up in the not too distant future.

No comments: